Good Morning Hearers
Psalms 37:21-40 - The wicked borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give generously; 22 those the LORD blesses will inherit the land, but those he curses will be cut off. 23 If the LORD delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; 24 though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. 25 I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. 26 They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed. 27 Turn from evil and do good; then you will dwell in the land for ever. 28 For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected for ever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off; 29 the righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it for ever. 30 The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just. 31 The law of his God is in his heart; his feet do not slip. 32 The wicked lie in wait for the righteous, seeking their very lives; 33 but the LORD will not leave them in their power or let them be condemned when brought to trial. 34 Wait for the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you will see it. 35 I have seen a wicked and ruthless man flourishing like a green tree in its native soil, 36 but he soon passed away and was no more; though I looked for him, he could not be found. 37 Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future [Or there will be posterity] for the man of peace. 38 But all sinners will be destroyed; the future [Or posterity] of the wicked will be cut off. 39 The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. 40 The LORD helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him.
- The righteous are generous givers
- Those God blesses get an inheritance
- The Steps of a righteous man are ordered by God
- If you stumble you won’t fall, He upholds you
- God never forsakes the righteous
- If you’re generous and give – God will bless your children
- Turn from evil – do good and be established
- He loves you, will not forsake you – preserves you forever
- With wisdom in your mouth and the word in your heart – you will stand
- God won’t let the wicked take advantage of you
- Your salvation comes from God – he’s your fortress
- The Lord will help and deliver you because you trust in Him
Proclaiming, Revealing and Restoring...Until All Have Heard.